Hi there Jesus!
Here are some things I think are insanely cool:
– My family give me the warm fuzzies. I just love spending time with them. Eamonn makes me laugh more than anyone else I know.
– Good electro, preferably French. I just have to dance.
– South Park – it’s so pee-your-pants funny, one episode is enough to put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
– Well-written books engage me like nothing else.
– Cookie dough ice-cream is yummy, although you can have too much of a good thing…
– Being in love makes my insides go tingly, like I’m going to throw up, but in a good way.
– I have some really freakin amazing friends who I love spending time with.
– Funky coffee shops. Thanks for putting me in Canterbury, I have everything I need!
– Some films I just can’t get out of my head; and being able to study film rocks my socks off.
So, first of all, thanks! Thanks for putting all this good stuff in my life. I don’t deserve it. And thanks for giving me the wisdom to know it comes from you.
But, Jesus, I want to love you more than I love all of these things combined. I want to get more of a buzz out of you than any of these things.
I’ve felt what it’s like to love you, sort of, but I haven’t felt that achey, pining feeling you get when you’re hopelessly in love and want to spend every waking moment just wrapped in that person’s arms.
I’ve felt what it’s like to want to be in your presence but not the same way as I’m dying to hang out with a good friend or my little brother because they’re just so much fun to be around.
I’ve felt a smidgen of your joy, but not in the same way as a good comedy gives me visceral, tangible, side-splitting joy.
I’ve tasted your kingdom, but at the moment Ben & Jerry’s tastes better.
I know the importance of worship, but The Prodigy is more likely to make me wanna dance and sing and jump around.
You’re so real to me now, but i get bogged down in the more immediate “real” of the world. How can I take you for granted like this? Why does it take so much for me to seek your face? You’re all around me! Wake me up, Lord! Become the centre of my being in ways I can’t even imagine. Help me fall helplessly, devotedly, passionately in love with you.